- 24-Apr-2014 to 09-May-2014 (EST)
- Event Rentals
- Boston, MA, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Event Associate
Department: Event Rentals
Reports to: Director of Special Events
Employment Type: Full Time, Hourly/Non-Exempt
The Event Associate supports the Director of Special Events through the planning and execution of private events at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum as part of the Rental Event program. The Event Associate will also assist the Director of Special Events in client management, prospect cultivation and industry networking.
• Coordinate logistical details of private rental events, approximately 50 per year, while providing the highest level of service to clients and upholding all ISGM event guidelines and policies.
• On-site management of event set-up, event, and event breakdown, including all vendors, client needs and museum staff. Ensure the safety of the Museum and satisfaction of the client.
• Create and update event documents including timelines, floor plans, meeting notes, work orders.
• Coordinate event details with internal ISGM departments.
• Coordinate with Gardner Catering team to ensure event details are communicated seamlessly through weekly meetings, updating and distributing event documents.
• Manage vendor logistics for AV, entertainment, docents, photographers, lighting and parking.
• Assist Director of Special Events, on an as-needed basis, with key internal events.
• Update all internal master calendars, rental work orders and event files.
• Support the Director of Special Events with marketing outreach and prospect research.
• Attend two to three evening monthly industry networking functions.
• Manage internal event inventory and department supplies.
• Code and submit invoices for vendor payments.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Two to three years of event planning experience necessary, including on-site event experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced and demanding environment while maintaining a professional and positive attitude.
• Superb communication skills, able to diplomatically troubleshoot and multi-task.
• Must be available for evening and weekend events.
• Proficiency with MS Office, Raiser's Edge development software preferred. PartyCAD and EMS calendar software a plus.
The Gardner Museum is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disabilities, marital status or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. The Museum is proud to embrace the goals of Commonwealth Compact (http://www.umb.edu/commonwealth_compact/about) and pledges to measure its progress toward those goals over time, using the Commonwealth Compact benchmarks.
We receive many resumes and kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!